Thursday, January 18, 2007

Coffee Trumps Dissent Every Time

So I head into Starbucks for a grande cup of their magnificent caramel apple cider, and it gets me to thinking. Being a child of the 90's, the automatic response is an iconoclastic avoidance of the mass culture that such "hip and trendy" yuppie paradises as Starbucks used to represent. Then I reminded myself that I do in fact consider myself a capitalist, am in no way an activist or of an anti-cultural vein, and that my intended profession includes designing corporate identities for big businesses and brands just like the world's most familiar coffeehouse. Thus began and ended my one and only extremely minor excursion into cultural dissonance. I guess there's just not a liberal bone in my body. And I really need a white chocolate mocha latte, cause I'm not nearly jittery enough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home