Sunday, January 07, 2007

Higher Education

My journey toward a higher education begins tomorrow, as I start my first class at Brown Mackie College - Louisville, a small but convenient technical college near work. At orientation on Thursday, I felt much more comfortable with the institution and my choice to study Graphic Design than I had originally. The staff truly seems to care about the students, and the curriculum is geared toward teaching the information that truly helps you in your career. You take one class, three nights a week, one a month, so it's full time; It just doesn't crowd your schedule like a traditional college. On around December 18, 2008, I'll have an associates degree in Graphic Design, and hopefully a way out of Ford Motor Company on my terms, not by being laid off. The unacceptability of being unemployed was what brought my family and I to Kentucky, and I don't plan to leave here without a plan and a purpose. If all goes well, we won't have to leave at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home